Friday, January 7, 2011

New England, Steve Buckley and the F Bomb

Dawg,
Can you clear something up?
My buddy says that yelling "you're gay" in New England is no big deal. That hearing "fag" is akin to hearing asshole, dumbass and douchebag. Is that true? Cindy, Scituate

Dear Mindy,
Is it okay to say the word "fag?" Well, when you are twelve playing street hockey with your pals, yes. In a board meeting, no. Is it right to say it? No. I have good friends who are "fags" and the Dawg doesn't treat them any different than other non-fag friends.
In fact, guess what?, when you hang out with one, there's no competition for the ladies attention, kind of like rolling with Orange Don. So, I like them better than some of my straight friends. So, I don't let people use that word in my presence. Why? Because the Dawg doesn't perpetuate any stereotypes like that.
If you meant an English word for cigarrettes, go ahead and use it whenever applicable. Example: When I drink too much I really like to suck off a fag to relax myself" 'Dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment