Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Boston Bruins

Fans,

When I was a young man I attended a Bruins playoff with friends. It was the 70s and Dawg was living it up as a younger man. The Bruins won the game and, after, I decided to leave my friends walk in the cool crisp night air of Boston. It was beautiful.

The stars above were shinning. A couple in love hurried past. The evening’s breeze was a melodic rhythm of wondrous thoughts and possibilities. In the Commons, I decided to lie in the soft grass under the stars and take in this beautiful night.

When I awoke a feral cat was taking a dump in my mouth.

This is what the Boston Bruins have been like for the better part of 30 years. Things start off well but don’t end that way. Being a Bruins fan is like having Marissa Miller rub you out on her beautifully manicured foot and then Tweeting your mother about it (Dawg knows this).

We are going to lose to the Canadians, again. The nightmare will not end.

But keep your heads up fans. The real NBA season started today with Allen/Garnett beating some New York team the Kobes losing and the Sox #winning a 4th game. I’ll check-in with you all later this week. -Dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment