Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pitching "Depth"


Dear Dawg,
WTF is going on with the pitchers and Tito? He seems to have a new one every day.
Anthony

Dear Anthony,
Just this week we've seen Tazawa, Cabrera, Traber...and who knows who else? I hear Hideki Irabu is looking for work, and if the Sox are looking to get fatter and more Japanese, that would be the way to go. If they are looking for the hot wife type pitcher, Irabu's teammate is Jose Lima, and I think we all remember Jose Lima's wife. (moment of silence)
Okay, I've got my breath back.

Look, when you use 14 pitchers every night against the Yankees, you are going to have to go deep into the well to get arms that aren't pure jelly. Manny and Ramon can't sign their checks their arms are so sore. The other day, I overheard Okajima saying he needed one fo those "Happy Ending" massages for his shoulder - though I'm not entirely sure his grasp of the language is crossing some wires there...I'm half expecting to see Jeff Reardon, Heathcliff Slocum or Ramiro Mendoza to come through that door, knowing Theo, I wouldn't be surprised.

I wish I had more answer for you, but the connection in the Congo is not very strong.

Hugs,
'Dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment